The Amazing Spider Tank

The Amazing Spider Tank
Spider-Tank, Spider-Tank. Does whatever a Spider-Tank does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a tank. Look out! He is a Spider-Tank!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Destiny Exotic Bounties

So I finally got an exotic bounty. These things are uber hard bounties that net you an exotic weapon. There are many different kinds so I recommend looking up up which quest gives you which weapon so you can make sure you get what you want.

If you get the chance at an exotic bounty (it is completely random), you will be able to choose 1 out of 3, chosen from a pool of 6 different exotic bounties. Mine was called "A light in the dark", and the reward was the Thorn.

It looks so beautiful! My first task was to complete the "Summoning Pits" Strike on the Moon. I hate this Strike but at least I can do it on any difficulty and passed it with flying colors. I now had the Depleted Hand Cannon but needed to harvest the energies of the Hive on the Moon in order to activate it. This meant 500 Hive kills. This wasn't too hard as I need to roam around the moon looking for Helium Coils anyway.

I then had to go to the Crucible, however, and get 500 points. I had to use a Void damage weapon to do this and every kill netted me 5 points, but every death gave me -2 points. I was not happy about this as I don't usually play PvP. I nonetheless gave it a try. I tried it on control and regular deathmatch but the games were too chaotic and random and I'd die in really stupid ways so I knew that wasn't going to work. I then did the 3v3 mode and that worked much better. I was able to stay with my team and knew where my opponents would be so I just had to be good enough to kill them. Enter the Fusion Rifle. With this amazing weapon I was able to get my required kills fairly easily. I also used a Void rocket launcher in case any heavy ammo dropped. But after a while of doing it I finally completed the objective.

I now infused the hand cannon with the horrible darkness of the kills I made and had to go to the Speaker and buy an Infusion of Light off him for 1 Mote of Light in order to cleanse myself. Then I took it to Ikora Ray (Warlock Vanguard) and she gave me my final task: Kill Xyor the Unwed. This great annoyance of Light is found in the Hive Moon Strike again (Curse the Destiny gods!). I had to get to Phogoth but not kill him, and after killing tons of knights and wizards and such Xyor would eventually show up. With some help from my clanmates were were able to accomplish this and I returned to the speaker and was rewarded with my Thorn!

I really enjoyed the bounty, mainly because it allows you to get an exotic weapon, but also because it really is a long journey and when you get to the end of it you have a big feeling of accomplishment. You had to work hard to get this. Now watch me find it on a random drop tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment