The Amazing Spider Tank

The Amazing Spider Tank
Spider-Tank, Spider-Tank. Does whatever a Spider-Tank does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a tank. Look out! He is a Spider-Tank!

Monday, January 28, 2019

My Ideal Keyforge Dis House Component

Continuing in my articles where I looked at each house in order to find my ideal component (Read about Shadows, Brobnar), I am now moving onto Dis:

Control the Weak - I will always take this card. I have won and lost games due to late game plays with this. At a tournament my opponent had enough amber to forge a key, and so named Shadows so that I had less of a chance to steal amber, and it paid off. Gaining an Amber is just gravy. Even though this card lost the win combo with Restringuntus thanks to the recent FAQ, I'll still take 2.






Gateway to Dis - Sometimes you need a reset button on a board state, and this card gets it done immediately, sure you have to get some chains, but sometimes it's worth it. 2 should be fine. Side note: I know Key to Dis exists, and it is a great card that could probably replace Gateway to Dis and I'd be fine. I just have found in my experience that I prefer the instant board wipe to the slower one. But Key to Dis doesn't hurt you as much and doesn't take up a card in your hand, so it's still a great card.







Key Hammer - I love Key Hammer, this is an amazing card. I love Key Hammering my opponent and then capturing/stealing amber. It's such a huge card. However, if I have Wormhole in Logos this card gets very scary, as I don't want to give my opponent 6 free amber.








Mind Barb - This is another card I never mind having. It gives an amber, and it can sometimes really screw over your opponent's next turn. It's always a good play.









Lash of Broken Dreams - This is my favorite Dis card at the moment. This card has stalled my opponent to let me win so many games. I love hiking up the price so my opponent tries to get tons of amber, and then going to Shadows and playing Bait and Switch for a huge swing. I have run afoul to an opponent's Nexus, however, which caused this amazing card to be used against me. I will still take it in a deck.






Dust Imp - These little guys are always fun. They stick around to do some reaping or attacking, and give you 2 amber when they are destroyed. Why not. 2, please.








Shooler - I love creatures that come in and do something, This guy helps save you from your opponent forging a key, but it also triggers at only 4, so it can be a nice little swing. Plus, at 5 power, it beats a lot of creatures out there. I'll take 2.








So let's see:

2x Control the Weak
2x Gateway to Dis
1x Key Hammer
2x Mind Barb
1x Lash of Broken Dreams
2x Dust Imp
2x Shooler

There are a few honorable mentions that I have. Depending on your other houses, Arise! can be huge in getting back key creatures. Poltergeist is amazing to have against artifacts. Dominator Baubles can be very good with certain cards, I just personally haven't had a lot of luck with them. Library of the Damned is great with Mars with Key Abduction. Charette and/or Drumble almost made this list as they are awesome stalling cards, I just like stealing and gaining amber better.

Since I consider Dis to be a supporting house, it can go with everything as long as there is a house with a solid win condition and amber generation. So Dis goes well with Mars and Untamed, or Shadows.

What do you think? Do you agree? What are your favorite Dis cards you just HAVE to have in a deck? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading, and happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment