The Amazing Spider Tank

The Amazing Spider Tank
Spider-Tank, Spider-Tank. Does whatever a Spider-Tank does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't, he's a tank. Look out! He is a Spider-Tank!

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Epic Deck Tech Theory: Championless Deck

I have been trying to think of a new theme for my Deck Tech series, and while thinking of the worst decks to create for my new Bitter Draft variant, I was thinking of an event-only deck that gave very little card draw, as well as provide no champions in order to win. But that got me thinking, can I create a decent deck using only events, with the only champions either coming from tokens, or stealing them from my opponent? Sounds like a fun challenge.

So my initial thinking is that I will be going with Evil and Wild, since they deal with the token cards I like. I could go Good, but they really require champions to be really good, and Evil and Wild are more in my wheelhouse. First I grab the obvious Evil token generators like Demonic Breach, Necrovirus, Plague Zombies, and even Inner Demon. While I'm in the color I also grab the obvious Evil 0-costs as well like Word of Summoning, Raxxa's Curse, and Plentiful Dead. I figure I will want some sweepers so I grab Apocalypse and some Demonic Rising for a surprise card that can finish a game for me. I also decide to give The Risen a chance, since I have so many Evil tokens running around. I finish off with Drain Essence, which is just such a good removal spell that gives me lifegain. I have two more spots for 0-costs. There are lots of options but Heinous Feast might be better for some discard pile hate.


 


I then go over to Wild, and I quickly see that I actually don't want that much from it. I could go into some burn spells but I decide to keep the token theme going. Hunting Pack and Wolf's Call seem fairly obvious, especially since I want to include Wolf's Bite. I then think about sweepers and direct damage, and Savage Uprising fits that bill quite nicely.

I am wondering about card draw and since I run all events, I imagine I will want Lesson Learned. So I quickly grab those, the obvious Ancient Chant to go along with it, and some Frantic Digging as well. I could go with Amnesia, and that would also be fine. 


 

Lastly, I decide I would like to put in Blind Squire for some trade-up options, and then I remember that Inheritance of the Meek is a pretty awesome sweeper when you run tokens, and Urgent Messengers is always a fun Draw-2-And card. 


Deck: 60 cards
Packs: Set One (3), Tyrants (3), Uprising (3)





























Even though this deck may not be tournament worthy, I think it's an ok deck with a fun shtick. I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that could improve upon this deck. Thoughts? Comments? Let me know what you think, and as always, happy gaming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment